- The Plan
- Support us
- GIVE NOW
The College is founded in Smyrna, Asia Minor, by women missionaries from Massachusetts.
The American College for Girls relocates to Paleo Phalero (Athens, Greece) following the Asia Minor catastrophe. In its first year, the College has 88 students, mostly Armenian and Greek refugees.
Relocation to the new, wholly-owned campus in Helleniko. In 1936, renamed Orlinda Childs Pierce College.
In addition to Literature & Language studies, programs in Business and Social Work were established to meet the urgent needs of UNRRA (UN Relief and Rehabilitation Administration).
Relocation to Aghia Paraskevi campus to allow airport expansion at Helleniko. The College division consists of: Schools of Liberal Studies, Commercial Studies and Social Welfare.
The undergraduate division is named Deree College in honor of Greek-born benefactor, William S. Deree (born Derehanis).
Pierce and Deree become divisions of The American College of Greece.
Pierce transitions to co-education, complying with government mandate.
ACG offers its first graduate programs; Most decorated Olympian of all time, Michael Phelps, trains at ACG’s high-performance sports center for the Athens 2004 Olympics.
ACG forms a strategic alliance with Alba Graduate Business School, ranked among the best business schools in Greece.
Official naming of Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts.
Establishment of The Institute of Public Health – ACG, fully funded by the Behrakis Foundation, with the purpose to develop scientific research and educational activities in the field of Public Health.
Pierce initiates International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program.
ACG 150, a strategic plan to leverage education for economic, cultural and social impact.