- The Plan
- Support us
- GIVE NOW
National Technical University Athens, Greece
PhD, Rule Extraction from Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
University of Edinburgh, UK
Master, Knowledge Based Systems
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
BSc in Computer Science, Dept. of Informatics
His research interests are in machine learning, data mining, and the analysis of complex graphs with applications in social network analysis, user modeling and precision medicine.
Dr Vogiatzis has served as visiting professor at the University of Cyprus and has collaborated with the National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos” in Athens, Greece. He has also participated in National and European research projects and has more than 40 publications in conferences, journals and book chapters. Also, he has supervised more than 30 Theses at an undergraduate and graduate level. He currently serves as the Coordinator of MSc in Data Science at Deree, and he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Informatics.
• Dr. Vogiatzis has been involved in the European H2020 BigMedilytic (https://www.bigmedilytics.eu/). The project aimed to use big data for health analytics while he is coordinating the lung cancer pilot. The focus of the work was on the extraction of patterns from biomedical articles.
• He is currently involved in the European Project ERANET P4-Lucat (https://p4-lucat.eu /), which aims to discover new treatments for lung-cancer based on the analysis of open biomedical article and, in particular, on the discovery of evidence for new treatments.
1. G. Paliouras, S. Papadopoulos, D.Vogiatzis, and I. Kompassiaris, “User communities,” edited volume, Springer, 2015
1. Ch. Vlassopoulos, I. Kontopoulos, M. Apostolou, A. Artikis, D. Vogiatzis, “Dynamic graph management for streaming social media analytics,” Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Distributed and Event-based Systems, 382—385, DEBS, Irvine, CA, USA, June 20 – 24, 2016
2. D. Vogiatzis, A. Keros, “A density based algorithm for community detection in multi-partite networks,” Proceedings of the Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP) conference 2017
3. M. Pavlopoulou, G. Tzortzis, D. Vogiatzis and G. Paliouras, “Predicting the Evolution of Communities in Social Networks Using Structural and Temporal Features,” Proceedings of the Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP) conference 2017
4. Georgios Kechagias, Grigorios Tzortzis, Dimitrios Vogiatzis and Georgios Paliouras, “A Parallel Algorithm for Tracking Dynamic Communities based on Apache Flink,” Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SETN), 2018
5. George Athanasopoulos, George Paliouras, Dimitrios Vogiatzis, Grigorios Tzortzis and Nikos Katzouris: “Predicting the Evolution of Communities with Online Inductive Logic Programming,” 25th International Symposium on Temporal Representation and Reasoning (TIME) 2018
6. Ilias Sarantopoulos, Dimitrios Papatheodorou, Dimitrios Vogiatzis, Grigorios Tzortzis, Georgios Paliouras, “TimeRank: a Random Walk approach for Community Discovery in Dynamic Network, Complex Networks” 2018
7. Manuel Scurti, Ernestina Menasalvas-Ruiz, Maria Esther Vidal-Serodio, Maria Torrente, Dimitrios Vogiatzis, George Paliouras, Mariano Provencio, Alejandro Rodríguez-González, “A data-driven approach for analyzing healthcare services extracted from clinical records”, IEEE 33rd International Symposium on Computer Based Medical Systems (CBMS), 2020”.