- The Plan
- Support us
- GIVE NOW
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Business Administration, Consumer Behavior
2011 – 2015
Master’s Degree, International Agricultural Food Marketing
1997 – 1999
The American College of Greece
Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration and Management, General
1993 – 1997
Dr. Toula Perrea is an Associate Lecturer in Marketing in The American College of Greece (ACG) and a member of the Center of Excellence in Food, Tourism & Leisure (CoEFTL). She holds a BSc in Marketing, from the American College of Greece, Deree, an MSc in Agricultural Economics and Food Marketing from Newcastle University, UK and a PhD in Consumer Behavior from Aarhus University, Denmark. She has been a Research Associate at Aarhus School of Business, Departments of Marketing & Statistics and Business Administration, Aarhus University, Denmark. Prior to that, she served the industry (tobacco and food sector as well as research field) at managerial positions. Her scientific interest focuses on food marketing and consumer behavior in the area of innovation and product development. Her work comprises +15 international peer-reviewed research publications, most in ASB and ISI-ranked Journals. Her work has been cited more than 670 times with h-index 8. Dr. Perrea has also participated in a number of European Projects funded by EU within the framework of FPs 5, 6, and 7 and the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, conducting research in cross-country contexts in the area of food, namely in UK, China and Brazil. Dr. Perrea is also a freelancer, acting as a consultant in marketing research.
1. Patsiotis, A., Atik, M., Perrea, T. (2020). The influence of m-marketing tools on consumer buying process: evidence from the dining sector. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 48(10), pp. 1037-1056.
2. Krystallis, A., Chrysochou, P. Perrea, T. & Tzagarakis (2017). A retrospective view on Designation of Origin Labeled foods in Europe. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing, Vol. 29(3), pp. 217-233.
3. Perrea, T., Krystallis, A., Chrysochou, P.(2017) “Too much new to eat? The impact of CV on product evaluation in the context of novel food products”. Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 26 (6), pp.616-630
4. Perrea, T., Melfou, K., Mamalis, S., & Papanagiotou, P. (2016). “Customer Value Perceptions: Testing of a Conceptual Model in the Frame of Own-Country Geographic Indication Foods”. International Journal of Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Business Models (IJFBMBM), Vol. 1(2), pp. 1-11
5. Perrea, T., Grunert, K., G., Krystallis, A. (2015). “Consumer Value Perceptions of Food Products from Emerging Processing Technologies: a Cross-cultural Exploration”. Food Quality and Preference, Vol. 39, pp. 95-108
6. Perrea, T., Grunert, G., K., Krystallis, Krontalis, A. Huang, G., Hu, Y. (2014) “Testing and Validation of a Hierarchical Values-Attitudes Model in the Context of Green Food in China”. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing & Logistics, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 296-314.
7. Krystallis Krontalis, A., Grunert, G. K., de Barcellos, M., D., Perrea, T., Verbeke, W. (2012). “Consumer attitudes towards sustainability aspects of food production : Insights from three continents”, Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 28, No. 3-4, pp. 334-372.
8. Perrea, T., Brunsø, K., Hansen, B., K., Altintzoglou, T., Gunnthorunn Einarsdottir, G., Luten, J. (2012). “Decomposing the (seafood vs. meat) evening meal decision-making sequence: Insights from a diary study in Norway, Iceland and Denmark”, British Food Journal, Vol. 114, No. 11, pp. 1533-1557
9. Grunert, K., Perrea, T., Zhou, Y., Guang, H., Sørensen, T. B., Krystallis, A. (2011). “Is food-related lifestyle (FRL) able to reveal food consumption patterns in non-Western cultural environments? Its adaptation and application in urban China.” Appetite, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 357-367.